MIEA COUNCILLOR 2016-2017
NREA COMMITTEE 2016
MAREC COMMITTEE 2017
Registered Estate Agent (REA-E2434) with 11 years of experience in Real Estate Industry
Personal Sales (Subsale & Rentals)
Year 2006-2016 (RM140 Million Sales Record) in Primary & Secondary Mkt
Bachelor of Business Administration(Hons)
Kian Aun obtained his Bachelor of Commerce (Management & Marketing) from Curtin University of Technology. Prior to his real estate career, Kian Aun was involved in sales and marketing of consumer IT products, pharmaceutical, fast moving consumer goods, air freight and logistics industry with reputable MNCs, involving tasks related to sales force effectiveness, strategic marketing, customer relationship management and key account management.
Kian Aun started his real estate career with CH Williams Talhar & Wong’s (now known as CBRE|WTW) Agency and Transactional Services department managing commercial properties and industrial properties, sale by tender projects, tenancy management and expatriate relocation. He also involves in exclusive marketing assignments such as project marketing of apartments and office buildings
For the last 3 years, Kian Aun was practicing in the real estate industry in Melbourne with McGrath Estate Agents as a Licenced Estate Agent. He has extensive knowledge and experience with off- the-plan project marketing in Australia as well as the local residential market.
Professionally Kian Aun is also a Registered Estate Agent in Malaysia as well as Victoria, Australia and also the Board of Director of Malaysia Institute of Estate Agents (MIEA)
- Registered Estate Agent Malaysia
- Associate Director in Hartamas Real Estate (M) Sdn Bhd
- Formerly CH Williams Talhar & Wong now known as CBRE|WTW Real Estate
- Board of Director of Malaysia Institute of Estate Agents (MIEA)
- Member of Persatuan Penilai, Pengurus Harta, Ejen Harta dan Perunding Swasta Malaysia (PEPS)
- Formerly McGrath Estate Agents, Melbourne
- Licence Estate Agent, Victoria, Australia
- Member of Real Estate Institute of Victoria (REIV)
Kelvin is a registered estate agent (E1221) with the Board of Valuers, Appraisers and Estate Agents Malaysia. He has worked several years in two International Property Consultancy firms.
He has also successfully completed the Real Estate Advanced Practice (REAP), Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) Course & Train the Trainer Course. Kelvin is a Fellow of The Malaysian Institute of Estate Agents (MIEA), (www.miea.com.my). He has served several years in the Council of Management of MIEA.
He has also served as a Member of the Board of Valuers, Appraisers and Estate Agents from 2001-2005 representing estate agents in Malaysia.
Kelvin heads the Residential Sales & Leasing Team for Knight Frank Malaysia.
- Collaborated with National Association of Realtors (NAR) of USA and successfully conducted the Certified International Property Specialist course, (CIPS) in Malaysia.
- Initiated the collaboration with Open University of Malaysia (OUM) to conduct the Professional Diploma in Estate Agency. The first batch started classes in Johor, Kota Kinabalu and Kuching in 2012.
- Initiated the development of the MIEA portal.
- Conceptualized the idea of Malaysian Annual Secondary Property Exhibition (MASPEX) and successfully launched it in 2013.
- Enhanced the membership by recruiting approximately 500 new members during Presidential term.
- Rebranded the property talks and enhanced the frequency of these talks. The talks were rebranded as REPS (Real Estate Professional Seminars).
- Initiated a half yearly press conference on secondary Malaysian property outlook with the intention to promote and educate the public on the goings on in the secondary Malaysian property market.
- Revamped the membership database with the installation of new membership management software.
- Initiated a bulk emailing system to communicate with members effectively.
- Enhanced the Secretariat with the appointment of an Office Manager and additional clerical staff to better manage the operations.
- Changed the hardware and upgraded the software at the Secretariat for better efficiency.
- Initiated the allocation of a revolving fund to set up Secretariats at our existing branches. A sum RM 80,000 was approved at the AGM 2013.
- Resolved the issue of the mandatory salary directive with the Board.
- Revamped the Training Room to create a more comfortable learning experience.
Bernard Lee has more than 10 years of total experience in the sales management, brand and marketing strategy, regional business development and digital commerce exposure in several disciplines and different environments. He is an analytical thinker and a hands-on manager with strong leadership and people management skills. His further ability to learn and to understand changing market dynamics and translating them to actionable strategy to achieve the desired business objectives.
His current portfolio as the Head of Sales (Online Classifieds Marketplace) in one of the leading digital media platform, a technology driven organization and the largest on-line marketplace in Malaysia. The role has allowed him to gain invaluable experience and exposure in the digital media and the internet business landscape. His current sales team consists a total of 12 key account managers and outbound sales covering several business verticals.
With perserverance, sheer determination and stewardship, he and his team have achieved significant revenue growth for three consecutive years. He was also responsible in growing the monetization team within a short period of time and was part of the management team in developing sales strategy and implementation of three monetization projects.
Bernard’s recognition goes beyond the organization as he was invited to be one of the speakers at the iRetail World Asia Conference in Singapore on October 2013, a conference event organized by Clariden Global that featured comprehensive end-to-end ecommerce strategies and solutions featuring Asia’s 30+ thought leaders and speakers.
His upcoming speaking engagements will be at the annual eTail Asia 2016 Conference at the Marina Bay Sands, Singapore on March 2016.
With his passion in sharing his thoughts and knowledge in the digital landscape, he is currently one of the trainer/speaker at the Malaysian Institute of Estate Agents (MIEA) – Negotiators Certification Course (NCC) program for two years running. He was also one of the speaker at the Malaysian Real Estate Convention (MAREC) 2015, MASPEX Johor, Penang & Sabah 2015 events, The Real Estate Investment Malaysia 2015 Conference, The Malaysian Indian Entrepreneur Seminar and Conference (SEED) 2015 and other countless speaking engagements in Malaysia and within the region.
Prior to his current role, Bernard headed the business development team in a MSC status company specializes in Security Solutions and Cross-Media Marketing Solutions Software which was developed by Mindfire Inc., one of the top 50 fastest going software company in USA.
He was accountable for developing go-to-market strategies, acquisition of new channel partners and management of exisitng channel partners within the Asia Pacific and Japan (APAC) region. Together with his team, they provide the technical support for an end-to-end omni-channel marketing solutions, campaign building strategies and go to market strategy implementations.
He is also responsible to develop and implement digital marketing campaigns and strategies tailored to different market segments, which include lead generation, brand innovation and identifying new revenue stream for the business associates and partners.
During that stint, Bernard was the spokesperson for the organization and a speaker at several international expo and seminars such as the FGD (Forum Graphics & Digital Expo) @ Jakarta, Indonesia 2011, IGAS @ Tokyo, Japan 2011, Digital Innovation Summit @ Manila, Philippines 2012, HP Solution Architect Seminars @ Singapore March-May 2011 period.
Mr. Soma Sundram Krishnasamy is a CEO Heritage Shield Real Estate Sdn Bhd and a Recipient of the National MIEA Leadership Award 2013. He is also a Registered Estate Agent. He has 27 years experience in Real Estate.
Recipient of the National MIEA Leadership Award 2013
- Registered Estate Agent
- 27 years experience in Real Estate
- Certified Residential Specialist
- Designee (USA)
- Pioneered Project marketing in 1987
- Marketed over 70 projects
- Past President & Fellow, MIEA
- MIEA Chief Real Estate Trainer –
- Trained over 15,000 REN
- Past Vice President FIABCI
- CEO Heritage Shield Real Estate Sdn Bhd
Mr. Siva Shanker is a CEO for Agency of PPC International Sdn. Bhd and a Registered Real Estate Agent (E1771) with 34 years’ experience in Valuation and Estate Agency. Siva runs the Real Estate Agency division with 25 Registered Real Estate Negotiators.
- Estate Agent of The Year Award 2015
- Immediate Past President – MIEA
- President of MIEA for year 2013/2015
- Deputy President of MIEA for Year 2011/2013
- MAREC Chairman for Year 2008 and again in 2012
- MIEA Awards Chairman for 2011, 2012 and 2013
- Member of the Council of Management of MIEA for the last 10 years.
- Lecturer for Diploma in Estate Agency
- Registered Real Estate Agent (E1771) with 34 years’ experience in Valuation and Estate Agency
- Head of Investments - Axis-Reit Managers Bhd (2016-Present)
- CEO - Agency of PPC International Sdn. Bhd. (2011-2015)
- Chief Excutive - Linear Estates (2004-2010
- Agency Manager - PPC International Sdn Bhd (2001-2004)
- Manager - Jones Lang Wootton (1996-2000)
- Past President of The Rotary Club of Kampung Baharu
- Charter President of The Rotary Club of Central Damansara
- Active speaker in public seminars, exhibitions, events, developers launches etc.
- Speaking engagements for BRDB, Property Guru, Wealth Mastery Asia, Mayland, Tradewinds, Mah Sing, Eco World
- Active trainer in MIEA, having trained a record of 20,300 REN’s in 2013/2016
Mr. Lim Boon Ping is a National Vice-President of MIEA and a Registered Estate Agent . He was a Chairman of MIEA Johor. He also have a Degree in Bachelor of Property (Auckland, New Zealand).
- Registered Estate Agent
- Degree in Bachelor of Property (Auckland, New Zealand)
- 18 years experiences in Real Estate
- Past Chairman of MIEA Johor
- Deputy President of MIEA
- Director, Training & Development, Kim Realty
- Fellow of Malaysian Institute of Estate Agents
- Member of Royal Institution of Surveyors Malaysia (RISM)
- Member of Malaysian Institute of Professional Property Managers (MIPPM)
- Member of Association of Valuers, Property Managers, Estate Agents and Property Consultants in the private sector of Malaysia (PEPS)
- Board Member of The Board of Valuers, Appraisers and Estate Agent Malaysia (BOVAEA)